Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sightseeing and Stress

Last night a few of my fellow students and I decided to take a walk through Sevilla. It was exciting to be meandering the streets of my new home, even though it was raining. I adore Sevilla's picturesque and winding streets laced with palm and other trees. The balconies are filled with plants and flowers and colorful tiles adorn the buildings. The Guadalquivir River is breathtakingly beautiful, and the area reminds me a little of the Naperville Riverwalk.

Sleeping was not as successful as sightseeing. I still hadn't received my luggage by the time I went to bed. Even though I hoped it would arrive in the morning (which it did! ), I was still without my toiletries and most of my clothes. I spent the night waking up abruptly and worrying whether my suitcase would ever get to me. I also began missing my family. It finally hit me that Sevilla is my new home for the next four months and that I will not be seeing my family until Christmas. I'm very close with them, so it will be a challenge not seeing and talking to them everyday.

I am exhausted beyond belief but am ready to go explore the Center for Cross Cultural Studies (CC-CS) and take a placement test. In a few hours I will be moving in with my host family. I hope I can become more comfortable in my surroundings there!

No comments:

Post a Comment