Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mi casa en Sevilla

Today is my second full day in Sevilla and I am loving it. Yesterday, Laura and I moved into our host mother, Antonia's, home. She is a warm, talkative, friendly and caring woman and she made us feel welcome in her casa right away. We live on Calle Trajano in a green and yellow apartment that dates back to Roman times! It is small but cozy and already feels comfortable. The minute we walked in the door, Antonia hugged us and demanded that we refer to her as Toni. Then we all sat down and talked about ourselves and our families. Toni was really curious as to where we were from and what we studied. She also enjoyed asking questions about our families. Laura and I discovered that Toni has a daughter, Noelia (SUCH A PRETTY NAME), and a son, David. Noelia and her husband Juan are having their first son, also Juan, in December when we are still in Spain. Noelia came by later in the day to visit Toni and get to know us. She was just as friendly as her mom and also wanted to know all about us. I have never felt more like a part of the family.
So far, Antonia has cooked all of our meals-and she is an excellent cook! We have been eating traditional Spanish dishes, and I am beginning to really enjoy the Spanish cuisine. Meals included rice, eggs, chicken, cheese, sausage, fruit and A LOT of bread.
I can already tell that Toni and I will get along extremely well. We converse constantly and she is such a fun person to be around.


1 comment: