Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving in Spain

Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday for everyone to count their blessings and give thanks for all they have. This year I am thankful for my family, friends and the wonderful adventure I have had in Spain this semester. To celebrate Thanksgiving, our program went to a restaurant for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner-turkey and all :). While it was wonderful to celebrate Thanksgiving, it was really hard being away from my loved ones. And, for some reason, Spanish people don't really understand the point of Thanksgiving. They think it is about eating a lot of turkey. It was difficult to celebrate Thanksgiving here and I am so glad that I will be back in the states in a few weeks to celebrate Christmas with my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment