Thursday, August 25, 2011

Surprise!

Last night I thought I was going for a nice dinner with my parents. Imagine my surprise when I walked into  Pepe's to see Tara, Samee and Molly, three of my really good friends. My first thought was, "Why didn't you invite me?!" It turns out that my parents had planned this as a surprise going away to Spain party.

It was great having a meal with my parents and friends. I realized how important they all are in my life and how much I am going to miss them in Spain. They always know how to make me laugh. I love them all very much.

The girls gave me a card with tons of quotes that I want to share:

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."
"Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind."
"A traveler without observation is a bird without wings."
"The first condition to understanding a new country is to smell it."
"He who does not travel does not know the value of men."
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."
"Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe..."
"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things."
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do...so throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails!"




Six more days :)

1 comment: