Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mi Universidad

This semester I have attended the University of Seville. The building I have class in was the first tobacco factory in Europe. I enjoy classes at the university- I am taking Spanish Baroque Poetry, Middle Ages and Renaissance Spanish Literature and Spanish Literature of the Nineteenth Century. In Spain, classes are basically all lecture. Students rarely participate in discussions. A big difference between American and Spanish universities is the grading system. Instead of the letter system, the Spanish grading system ranges from 0-10 with 0 being the worst and 10 being the best. There is only a final test here, too-no papers, projects, quizzes or other exams. My professors have all been wonderful, but they all show up to class 15 minutes late (typical at Spanish universities) and cancel class frequently.








No comments:

Post a Comment